Accounting Associate (Commack, NY) – Full time
Heatherwood is searching for an experienced Accountant for a very busy Commack office, friendly atmosphere.
Monday through Friday
• Strong accounts Payable experience
• Bank Reconciliation
• Knowledge of the General Ledger
• Must be able to understand Budgets
• Knowledge of the trail balance and financial statements
• Team Player – willing to take on tasks as assigned
• Detail oriented
Qualifications – but not limited to:
As we review candidates for this role, we will be looking for these qualifications:
• YARDI experience a plus
• Timberline experience
• Construction background
• Strong in Microsoft Office (excel, word and outlook)
We offer a competitive benefits package including health & dental insurance, 401(k), vacation and personal days. Please send resume with salary requirements.
HR/Payroll Coordinator (Commack, NY)
We currently have an opportunity for a dedicated Payroll/HR Coordinator to assist with the weekly and bi-weekly payroll process, and to be the backup to the Payroll Administrator. You will also assist the Human Resources Department with various duties including compliance, clerical and benefits.
- Back-up the Payroll Administrator in day to day payroll functions.
- Report and calculate the rate owed under Prevailing Wage regulation.
- Assist with transmittal of weekly and bi-weekly payroll data.
- Process employee changes, update personnel records, including garnishments and levies.
- Investigate and resolve pay problems, ensure corrected pay is issued.
- Analyze and prepare operating reports on time and attendance, terminations, and new hires.
- Generate and file payroll reports in a timely manner.
- Respond to employment verification requests.
- File required new hire forms and other paperwork as necessary.
- Help out Payroll Administrator on a project by project basis when needed.
- Research regulatory requirements and develop business processes for compliance.
- Resolve employee benefit claim issues.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets.
- Other necessary functions on a case by case basis.
- Full time – Monday through Friday
- Candidate must have at least 2 years payroll experience.
- Candidate must have experience with prevailing wages.
- Knowledge of High Deductible Benefit plans a plus.
- This position offers competitive wages based on experience.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word.
- Benefits include life, health, dental and vision plans, paid holidays and vacation, along with a 401(k) Retirement Plan
Please submit your resume and salary requirements